The Park Avenue Diet was written by Dr. Stuart Fischer, an internist in New York City. With the help of several contributors (one for each chapter), he discusses the seven fundamental components of your lifestyle that will help you to lose weight and feel better about yourself.
Park Avenue Diet review
Those components include: Weight, Bodily Physique, Hair, Grooming & Makeup, Fashion, Self-Confidence, and Interpersonal Skills
How Do I Follow It?
The diet is a 6-week, 3-phase plan. You will be consuming between 1,250 to 1,350 calories a day while following the diet. For your 3 meals and 1 snack per day, you will mainly eat lean meats, seafood, fruits and veggies, and limited amounts of dairy and whole grains. You will be asked to nix sweets, artificial sweeteners, alcohol, juice and milk during the 6 weeks.
Phase 1: “Inviting Success” is the initial 2-week phase where you self-discover and learn how to apply the 7 fundamentals to everyday life.
Phase 2: “Preparing for Greatness” is a 1-week phase where you practice using the fundamentals.
Phase 3: “Making the A-List” is 3 weeks long and where you continue to follow the fundamentals in the book.
A chapter is devoted to exercise and offers exercises to do each day on the 6-week plan. The exercise will increase in intensity as the weeks go by.
- The book offers daily menu plans with recipes.
- Nutritional information is given for the recipes as well.
- You can lose 1 to 2 pounds a week on the diet.
- The diet is very low calorie and may be hard for most to stick to in the long run causing people to fall off the wagon and experience weight rebound.
- Many of the recipes are high in sodium and offer inadequate amounts of calcium, vitamin D and potassium.
- The book does not recommend regular weigh-ins to monitor your progress and no set maintenance plan is to be had for when the 6 weeks is over.
Does “The Park Avenue Diet” Work?
The Park Avenue Diet is a short-term diet for women and men looking to lose a few pounds and are into fashion, hair and makeup. This is in no way a sustainable weight loss plan for long term weight loss because the focus is not on a healthy diet and regular exercise, but rather simply reducing calories to an amount so low that one could not sustain it for the long term.
Where To Buy “The Park Avenue Diet”?
You can purchase a copy of The Park Avenue Diet just about anywhere that books are sold. Places like Amazon offer great deals as well as used copies for discounted rates.